Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Custom Matchbox Pontiac Firebird S/E #12 in Blue

My Favorite Modern Lesney Casting...hands down!

I have always LOVED this casting. It was executed extremely well and until Greenlight came out with their own version, was the best version of this real life car. It is still the best in the $1-2 range. Even Maisto liked it as they basically copied it exactly. I was tempted to copy the prepro version of the Lesney model only seen in Matchbox catalogs where it was shown with a blue body and silver base. In the end, I wanted a solid color but will do the prepro in the future once I find another good donor model with a Lesney base.

This model was stripped down to bare metal, repainted, detailed and added some nice modern wheels. As with the Porsche 928, I rescued the windows as well with Future floor wax. I hope you like it and if you get a moment, let me know what you think about it.

I have a couple thousand customs from all brands, so if there is something you want to see, leave a comment and I will do my best to meet your request.





Cheers,
Jeff (94SS)

No comments:

Post a Comment