Thursday, August 27, 2015

Dirk Schleuer's Ambassador Update 02 September 2015



Ambassador Update 02 September 2015

Hello Matchbox friends,

Summer time is vintage car time... at least for me...several smaller and bigger meetings, rallyes and lots of fun.

Beginning August I went to a small place near the river Rhein called Hitdorf and did that with a very special car - see pic.

Sorry - pic is from a local newspaper so you normally do get a better quality from me! You know that Matchbox sold a model of that vehicle only some years ago?! (Check: http://www.mbxforum.com/11-Catalogs/00-Software/jnmb75nds.php?uSeries=Classic European Economy Cars&uCatalog=3002)

With the special protection the trips to follow will surely be safe!



Having fun with our Messerschmitt KR200 Convertible - my Mom and me!

But know show you some new stuff coming:


New models from the 1-120 series:

New color for the very sought after Tesla:



And a new layout for the police Dodge Charger:

Even better from this angle?



All this pics will surely also turn up on Johns and Davids lamely group

(http://lamleydlm.blogspot.de/). My friend John Nijhuis has devoted an extra page for my updates and report - check: http://www.mbxforum.com/01-News/900-Ambassador/jnambassador11.php


Rather sad news is that the supreme heroes series has been canceled. Only wave A with four models was produced and the other models shown from coming waves were just samples and not produced. But don’t be too sad - the best of world series is coming and surely fill the gap - check pics of three more models coming:

Lets start with the bike - surely special even in this very special set:




Printing on the seat proves that it is still before production and the pic came in really hot from the design team at the ToyBox at Mattel....

I include big pics so you don’t miss a detail....

And it surely would be wrong to miss a detail on this LandRover with emergency layout !





One more pic to enjoy!



Also we need a Cadillac - check out this beauty:



But we are not finished yet - highlight surely is Michaels 5.000 design - the bus:




And the other chocolate side....

 


 But also the front view is nice and shouldn’t be missed:




Last time I did ask you about new Matchbox Originals to do and I still keep that question alive. I do get several ideas of licensed vehicles to be produced and surely everybody can name on the point 5-10 castings never done before and surely worth doing. But I think these ideas will help the design team even more!

Oil field pipe truck and Timberjack log skidder::



And on my lunchbreak a had one of these on my pedestrian way: Nilfisk City Ranger - surely a great challenge to create:



 Because it bends in the middle to turn quicker:



Sometimes you find funny things on the way/road. This time a plane pulling kind of car....



If you know the wheels - yes - it is a duck (Citroen 2CV). At least the most useful and needed parts of it and surely it pulls a plane - prove picture!

I did take the picture on my rallye last weekend - the rallye was called “GoldRace” and took us from Jülich near Aachen (Aken) into the Netherlands and back home. Good weather and lots of fun:



Every team do get a Matchbox model Duesenberg with their own race number on it - so ours was number 2 ͙

From time to time I play with the little explore the world model ;) You surely can guess its purpose?!



We had lots of fun at the rallye and I wish you also lots of fun with the best hobby in the world....

Dirk

No comments:

Post a Comment